Nowadays, our lives are busier than ever. Visiting the dentist twice each year for examinations and cleanings is just another item on an already full to-do list. But have ever thought about the fact that going to the dentist regularly can actually save you money?
It’s true. At the dentist, paying for preventive care is much less expensive than paying for procedures that are needed after things go wrong. If it’s been a while since your last visit to the dentist, there is no better time than today to make an appointment. Call your Charlotte, NC dentist at Harlow Dental—and start saving money now!
Preventive Oral Healthcare Strategies
In addition to visiting your dentist regularly, there are other ways you can protect your oral health:
- Take good care of your teeth and gums at home by brushing and flossing. The American Dental Association recommends brushing at least twice and flossing once.
- Use a toothpaste with added fluoride to help protect against tooth decay. Fluoride strengthens the tooth structure, making it less susceptible to developing decay.
- Eat a healthy diet that is low in sugary and high in natural foods. Many foods, such as carrots and apples, can actually help clean your teeth.
- Use a mouth guard to protect your teeth against sports injuries.
- If your teeth are crooked, consider orthodontics to straighten them. Straight, even teeth are more aesthetically pleasing, and they are actually easier to take care of.
- Avoid smoking. Smoking is bad for your oral health as well as your overall health. It can stain your teeth and make you more susceptible to gum disease.
Skipping Preventive Care Can Cost Big Money Down the Road
We all expect our teeth to last a lifetime, but how many of us are doing all we can to safeguard them in the meantime?
Call Your Charlotte NC Dentist
Just remember the next time you think about skipping a dental appointment: If you lose your teeth and need to have your teeth replaced with dentures or dental implants, your costs will run into the many thousands of dollars. When you consider it, the price of an exam and cleaning at your Charlotte, NC dentist is a bargain!