Are veneers permanent?
Yes, veneers are a permanent dental treatment because some of the surfaces of the tooth must be removed to make room for the veneers. Once your dentist cements the veneers into place, they cannot be removed. Although some people might see this as a disadvantage of the procedure, there are many advantages to this cosmetic dental treatment.
- Veneers can fix a multitude of dental problems in just a couple of trips to the dentist. In just a matter of weeks, your smile can go from dull to dazzling with the application of porcelain veneers.
- Veneers can camouflage misaligned, stained, or damaged teeth, as well as teeth that look too short or have gaps.
- Veneers are long-lasting and durable, and with proper care, you can expect your veneers to last for a decade or more.
- Veneers are resistant to stains, so your white and bright smile will stay that way.
- Most people who enjoy good oral health and have healthy gums make good candidates for veneers.
If you have additional questions about porcelain veneers or cosmetic dentistry in the Charlotte area, we invite you to contact Harlow Dental. Dr. Justin Harlow will be happy to talk to you about procedures to make your smile one you love to show the world!