Charlotte cosmetic dentist Dr. Justin Harlow has helped many patients get their most beautiful smile with the help of porcelain veneers. What can veneers do for your smile? The question might well be, what can’t they do?
Dental Issues That Porcelain Veneers Can Solve
One of the great benefits of veneers is their versatility in the number of dental issues they can fix. These include:
- Make a crooked smile straight. If you don’t want to go through the hassle of orthodontics to fix your misaligned smile, porcelain veneers can camouflage your crooked teeth.
- Cover up teeth that are stained and resistant to whitening. There are some stains that teeth whitening cannot remove, but you can simply cover up these teeth with perfectly white and bright veneers.
- Lengthen teeth that are too short. Teeth that look too short might mean that you avoid smiling. Porcelain veneers can give you a smile that is more proportional.
- Fix gaps between the teeth. If your teeth have gaps, porcelain veneers can cover them up so all people will see is a perfect smile.
The Pros and Cons of Veneers
- Most people who enjoy good oral health make good candidates for veneers.
- You can have a perfect smile with veneers in just a couple of visits to the dentist.
- Veneers last for a long time and are durable
- Veneers are resistant to staining—unlike your natural teeth.
- Because they must adhere to your teeth, Dr. Harlow will need to remove a fair amount of your tooth structure to make enough room. This means veneers are permanent.
- Although veneers are durable, they can be damaged so it’s important to treat them with care.
For more information on veneers and whether they can solve your dental issues, contact Charlotte cosmetic dentist Dr. Harlow. Make an appointment for a consultation today!